This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
This post has been sponsored by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. All thoughts and reviews are my own.
Back to School season can be a really fun season. It means going shopping for school supplies. It means getting your new teachers. It means being able to see your friends every single day. Unfortunately, it also means germs. I have five kids so germs is always a concern for me because if one kid gets sick, pretty much all of my kids get sick. My kids don’t like to miss school so we take every precaution that we can to get a hold on germs during the back to school season. Here are 5 Ways to Protect your kids from Germs when going back to school.
- Bring a water bottle to school. Did you know that the water fountain is one of the germiest places in school!?!? It is important for your child to stay hydrated but maybe the drinking fountain isn’t the best place to do that. Most teachers will allow your child to keep a water bottle at their desk to keep them hydrated, healthy and happy.
- Keep a hand sanitizer keychain on your backpack. Did you know that they have travel sized hand sanitizers? These are perfect sizes for kids so they can sanitizer their hands before lunch, after going to the bathroom, when playing outside or any other time they feel is necessary.
- Get good sleep. This may not seem germ related, but studies show that getting good sleep strengthens the immune system and helps you stay healthier longer. Kids need lots of sleep to be able to focus during longs days of school and this also helps them to stay healthier.
- Make sure they understand the importance of washing their hands. Talk to your kid about how to wash their hands and how long to wash their hands. Make sure they use soap, wash the top and bottoms of their hands and wash for at least 20 seconds. Keep their hands clean will help them become germ free.
- Stay home! If you do have a cold or flu coming on, don’t go to school. You don’t want to be the one bringing and spreading germs to school for other kids to get. Stay home, drink lots of water, and have lots of rest. When sick gets real, the pediatric brands of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare are there with three solutions – Children’s Advil®, Children’s Robitussin® and Children’s Dimetapp® – to tackle the ickiest of symptoms.
For more information visit them online at:
Sick just got real.™ website
Sick just got real.™ Facebook page
Here is a Free Babysitter Emergency Information Printable to keep on hand. This helps your babysitter knows the medicine your child takes, and the dose that they need if Back to School germs get the better of them when they are watching your kids. Protect your kids from Germs when going back to school Giveaway
$25 virtual visa gift card
(1) Children’s Advil® Suspension, Grape
(1) Children’s Robitussin ® Extended-Release 12 Hour Cough Relief
(1) Children’s Dimetapp® Multi-Symptom Cold Relief Dye-Free