This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
This post is sponsored by Netflix. All opinions are my own.
When I think of New Years Eve, I think about parties, music, food and having fun! I think that we all know that when it comes to having FUN that it is only natural to Ring in the New Year with the King of fun—King Julien! In our home, New Years eve is a lot of fun. There is alway a lot of yummy food, music, decorations, games, movies and laughter. My kids always look forward to New Years Eve because they get to “try” to stay up until midnight. They aren’t always very successful! New Years in our home is very kid friendly and fun. Here are 4 Ways to Ring in the New Year with King Julien!
1. Decorations! I love decorating for the holidays! New years is always fun because you can use lots of bright colored streamers and call it good! If you don’t have King Julien specific decorations you can use Yellow, Green, Red, and Orange Streamers and blow up Balloons! Your kids will have a blast celebrating a King Julien New Years and your house will look festive and fun! Don’t forget your 2015 glasses and noise makers for when the ball drops at midnight (or earlier)!
2. Watch All Hail King Julien! If you haven’t had a chance, I recommend watching the hilarious new episodes of All Hail King Julien on Netflix. This is a great way to spend time together as a family and you will laugh a lot while watching the shows. My kids have already watched them a few times but somehow it gets funnier every time! They are really excited to show their cousins their favorite episodes when they come over on New Years Eve.
3. Delicious Food and Drinks! These are a very important part of New Years Eve! I hope you enjoy our King Julien’s Fruity Finger Jello and Merry Julienuary Wassail to add some King Julien inspired fun to your party!
King Julien’s Fruity Finger Jello
What you need
1 box strawberry jello
1 box lime jello
1 box orange jello
1 box lemon jello
4 cups water
1 pint plus 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 box Knox Original Gelatine
1. Place orange jello powder and 1 envelope Knox in bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water to bowl and stir until completely mixed. Add 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream to bowl and stir until completely mixed. Pour into rectangle cake pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Place lemon jello powder and 1 envelope Knox in bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water to bowl and stir until completely mixed. Add 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream to bowl and stir until completely mixed. Pour over orange jello and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Place lime jello powder and 1 envelope Knox in bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water to bowl and stir until completely mixed. Add 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream to bowl and stir until completely mixed. Pour over yellow jello and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Place strawberry jello powder and 1 envelope Knox in bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water to bowl and stir until completely mixed. Add 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream to bowl and stir until completely mixed. Pour over green jello and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Cut and serve.
Merry Julienuary Wassail
What you need
5 cups apple cider
1 cup orange juice
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. ginger
1/2 t. cloves
1. Mix all ingredients in saucepan on stove top until warm. Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a cinnamon stick. If you like your Wassail tart you can add 1 cup of cranberry juice. If you like it sweeter I prefer the recipe as posted above! This is a perfect way to Ring in the New Year with one foot of snow out your window! 🙂 Merry Julienuary!
4. Ring in the New Year with King Julien’s very own kid-sized countdown special. If you are like me, the New Years is not normally celebrated at midnight. I have four kids that just can’t stay up this late. In the past, we have looked on You Tube videos for past years countdowns to watch with the kids. This year, though, we will be counting down with King Julien, watching this awesome countdown video. Note: to watch the complete video, you need to be logged in to your Netflix account.
Here’s to a Merry Julienuary and a FANTASTIC 2015!!
Don’t forget to tune in now to watch FIVE new hilarious All Hail King Julien episodes. New 22-minute episodes of ALL HAIL KING JULIEN will debut throughout the coming year. For more information about ALL HAIL KING JULIEN follow them @Netflix and visit: www.facebook.com/
For more FUN— head on over to our All Hail King Julien GIVEAWAY where you can enter to WIN a ONE year Netflix Subscription!