October 11, 2011

Yummy Nutter Butter Balls Recipe

75 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 3 StumbleUpon 52 Pin It Share 13 Google+ 7 75 Flares ×
NutterButterBalls
Nutter Butter Balls
    • 1 package Nutter Butter Cookies
    • 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
    • 1 package Chocolate Chips, melted
1. First you need some Nutter Butter cookies
Then you crush the Nutter Butter cookies and mix with the softened cream cheese:
Then you roll them into balls on wax paper:
Then you cover with melted chocolate, put in the fridge, and VOILA! An incredibly easy but very yummy treat!

Update: We love these in our house! The peanut butter flavor is so yummy! To add to the flavor, we melted peanut butter chips and used a peanut butter drizzle instead of a chocolate drizzle. This really made a big difference in both the look and the taste.

Comments

1. So yummy looking!

2. YUM! Can't wait to try these for myself :)

3. Holy peanut butter that looks great!

4. YUMMY!

5. Wow those look great! Homemade is always better!

6. Wow! Those look scrumptious!

7. Those look delicious.

8. oh these would go fast in my house

9. YUMMY!<br />KAs

10. Anonymous says:

delicious!

11. These look so yummy!!!!

12. I LOVE this idea! I use Nutter Butters in my favorite dessert… http://bakingjenn.com/2011/10/18/my-favorite-dessert-peanut-butter-lovers-dessert/

13. We make these all the time! I also do an Oreo version with darker chocolate on the outside and a version with Mint flavored Oreos with white chocolate on the outside. My family raves about them!

14. Anonymous says:

How many balls does this recipe make?

• I just made these and I made 37. I maybe could have made them a little smaller though. And they are good. I snuck a little of the dough. Mmmm.

15. Anonymous says:

and what do you think about freezing these for later use?

16. Anonymous says:

I made these tonigh and everyone thought they were good. I migt try to make them with different cookies like another posted. Super easy

17. Made these tonight for the first time and they were<br />a hit! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

18. Anonymous says:

Made this recipe and my family loved it,they were gone in the blink of an eye.It was so easy,my 7 year old grandaughter helped and loved it.I would freez the peanut butter ball for 20 min.or so next time before dipping in chocolate.But all and all it was great,will be making again soon.<br />

19. These sound yummy &amp; easy! How many balls does this recipe make?

20. I made these and added a little peanutbutter to them! SO good. I also make the oreo balls and LOVE those as well, these as well as the oreo balls are great dipped in white chocolate as well as milk chocolate.

21. I made a version of these for my blog and linked back to you! Thanks for the inspiration… these were delicious. <br /><br />http://sprinklesandtoast.com/2012/09/sprinkles-in-the-kitchen-peanut-butter-cookie-truffles-with-sea-salt.html

22. Made these yesterday, took them to the garden club mtg &amp; they were a hit. One guy was blown away by the idea of crushing a cookie. Ha! Will do oreos next time &amp; the minted ones too &amp; try adding rum extract, crushed nuts, coconut or put a surprise in the center to the cream cheese. My brain hurts thinking of the possibilities!! Hersheys chips were the pits to work with &amp; used

23. Anonymous says:

What size bag of chocolate chips did you use?<br />

• I ended up using 2 12 oz bags although I probably could have only used a bag and a half. I didn&#39;t like the fact that the chocolate was so thick and I didn&#39;t really know how to thin it.

24. Anonymous says:

was wondering do you need to add crisco lard to the chocolate chips when meltimg or will the chocolate harden without it

25. how many oz were pkg cookies

26. I think I will try again with a different cookie. Maybe like someone else mentioned, Oreos or mint cookies. I also think I may cut the cream cheese back to about 5 or 6 oz. makes it a little bland. Great idea. Wonderful for grandchildren participation.

27. I love making these, nutter butter, Oreos pretty much experiment with any cookie, saw one person try with circus animal cookies!! Always a hit, just be sure you don&#39;t scorch the chocolate in the microwave, I think the ghiradelli chic chips were the best I&#39;ve used, but almond bark was great too. I always add a splash of vanilla.

28. Yumm. Yumm. Yummy. I have got to try these as they have all my favorite ingredients and they are easy.<br />Terri

29. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I&#39;m pretty sure I&#39;m going to be making these for Christmas. Instead of the chocolate chips, I plan on using the Merkens Chocolate melting wafers (the best stuff out there)

• Where do you get the Merkens chocolate and how do you use it. I&#39;ve always just used bark or chips. Never heard of wafers.

30. this are great and super easy. Thanks for sharing.<br />

31. These wonderful little cookies are so easy to make. I put all the cookies in my food processor to crush them. My cream cheese was still in the refridgerator so I put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then added to the cookies in the food processor and combined it all. So easy. The only thing I didn&#39;t like was the thickness of the melted chocolate chips. I didn&#39;t know how to think

32. Thank you for a fabulous recipe. Just discovered that if you add 1T of shortening per 1 cup of chocolate chips its perfect for dipping!!!

33. Anonymous says:

wondering if u could just spread in a 9×13 pan cover with melted choc chips

• I think that would work if you made the nutter butter mixture a little dryer. (less cream cheese). With the recipe how it is, I would be afraid it wouldn&#39;t hold because the chocolate is kind of holding the nutter butter center together. Does that make sense?